Tuesday, January 24, 2012

36 weeks!!

I can't believe it's been 6 wks since I posted something! I feel like every post starts with me talking about why I haven't written sooner. I've been busy, so has everyone else. whatever. I still haven't even written thank you cards. from my first shower. in November. I'll eventually get to it, I better! Baby Girl is gonna be here before we know it!!

My 36wk appointment was today, and I wish I had some exciting news to report but I really don't. The Dr said my blood pressure, weight gain, fundal measurement and Baby Girl are all perfect - pretty much what she says every appointment which I guess is good. She also said the baby is super low, but other than that nothing is really happening yet. sigh. I did get some Rx heartburn meds, if this girl is born with anything less than a full head of hair I will be completely dumbfounded.

Last week, I slept. For the first time in 35 weeks, I got a good night's sleep. more than once. I can't believe it. I have somehow trained myself to function on no sleep, which is a good thing bc when she gets here I'll be used to it. It's amazing how much more I'm able to accomplish through out the day having actually slept for once. I used my new found energy to work on the house (with Ben's help it took less than a day). I'm glad to have it in order - I hate having things out of sorts! I'm trying to keep it that way bc I also learned - over doing it never feels like over doing it til you're already done. Baby Girl was not pleased that I spent so much time on my feet.

I'm still not having any crazy cravings, at least no worse than I had pre-pregnancy. She's still a big peanut butter/banana fan. Some things she's really enjoyed lately are: fresh pineapple, green apples with fat free caramel dip, key lime pie Yoplait, and salty/sweet snacks - Chips Ahoy, Chex Mix & milkshakes :) I'm still trying not to give in to bad stuff too much, but I'm also making sure to not deprive myself of things I want. What's the point in living if you don't let yourself enjoy dessert every now and then, right?? 

Her room is almost done! All the major stuff is done, I just need to hang pictures and make/hang curtains and little random things, but I think I'll save them for when Mom is here so we'll have something to do.


Ahhhh, I can't wait!!!!!!

-LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment