Friday, February 14, 2014

I married the man who:

I married the man who:

took the time to tear down the wall and get to know the real me

still tells me I'm beautiful

gladly samples all my kitchen experiments - they aren't all homeruns!

thinks its cute that I do old lady stuff like gardening and sewing

does everything in his power to help me with Elsie, and knows when I need a break

understands that it's hard living so far away from "home," and does everything he can to send me there as much as possible

doesn't care if the house is a wreck because he knows that usually means me and Elsie had fun playing all day

gladly turned the AmEx back on when I shopped so much they thought the charges were fraudulent and turned it off

works tirelessly to enable me to be at home with Elsie

kisses me goodbye every morning - unless I'm snoring, because that means I'm worn out and he doesn't want to risk waking me

is the most amazing father imaginable

loves animals as much as I do

still gives me forehead kisses

loves me unconditionally, even when I'm being a brat

makes hard decisions for our family, like saving our cat when the vet bill was almost as much as a mortgage payment

is okay with the fact that said cat now has to eat $40 catfood

still writes me sweet notes

has seen me ugly cry more times than he should have to

tells me he loves and appreciates me, and recognizes how tough my job can be

helps me host parties and dinners, because he knows I love having a house full of loved ones

gladly spent many nights in the guest bed so I could snuggle with the dog instead

knows exactly what I need him to say and when

loves my family

knows that I suck at writing sweet letters but appreciates the effort

cried on our wedding day

always says "yes" when he knows something is important to me

knows that when I'm cooking, he better get the hell out of my kitchen

takes my call when he's at work, even if it's something stupid like me not being able to figure out the coffee grounds to water ratio

was incredibly patient with my pregnancy insomnia crazy

is incredibly patient with me in general

will spend all day out on the boat with me because he knows I enjoy it, even though he's not a "sunshine all day person"

was so amazing in labor and delivery that the nurses told him he could work as a labor coach

will sit in the car with a sleeping baby for an hour because I need to run into a store "really quick"

is my everything and a whole lot more, just as I am his

Happy Valentine's Day to my boo



-LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment