Monday, October 31, 2011

Coming Right Along!

"I can't wait to come home and drink a beer and build a bed for my princess." - Ben

So he did...last week (pre-surgery). The furniture came in 3 different shipments, so luckily he was able to build the crib Tuesday when it came in.


 He's really excited!


 Daddy and his bff (my first baby!)

 I know something's up, Mommy. I'm not sure I like this baby. I'm the baby!

 finished product! Won't be leaving the bumper up,
but just wanted to see what it would look like....
still debating on a paint color

 In love with these little sheets!
I need a baby elephant intervention.
not kidding.

Crazy Saturday night at the Wood house!

Some of our awesome friends came over Saturday night and cooked us dinner and helped build the chest. The dresser will be assembled soon! After the surgery/spending the night in the hospital we were pretty wiped out, so having them come over to help us was such a huge help. We are so lucky!

My patient is doing wonderfully! The surgeon said his disc was herniated so badly (and pressing into his nerve so hard) that it had attached itself to the nerve. They had to unattach the two before they could remove the disc material. His healing process may take a little longer because now the nerve also has to heal, but either way he'll be up and running before Baby Girl arrives.

Needless to say we definitely made the right decision going w surgery. I'm even happier we chose NOT to do it in St Cloud. I'm so pleased with how everything went and his surgeon was really great. I can't say enough good things about him. The first time he had this done was about 5 years ago and from what he says it was a total nightmare, so we have both been dreading this. But, so far, this entire process has been much easier than I expected.

Funny how things change in a year! Though this isn't ideal, it's nothing compared to what we were dealing with this time last year: my Dad's quadruple bypass/Cartoid surgery/ICU/A-Fib/pacemaker/2 week hospital stay nightmare. SO glad that's over. Glad this is almost over, too.

-LJ

1 comment: