Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pregnancy Advice

...is pretty annoying, really...unless it has to do with how to get some sleep - then I'm all ears. Since announcing our pregnancy we've received advice on pretty much everything...except maybe the one thing that would have been useful.


Yesterday, as I was in my underwear (whatever, it's hot in my house!) scrubbing my bathroom floor with bleach and a toothbrush, I was wishing for perhaps the one piece of pregnancy advice no one ever gave me:


Just because you're pregnant, not sleeping, not feeling well...there's NO excuse to slack off on your housework! One day you'll wake up and realize holy cow, this place looks like a frat house, how did I let this happen?? - and then you'll make an Excel spreadsheet of what all needs to done, divide it up per section of the house and on which day of the week it needs to be completed, and then color code it when it's done. That's normal, right?!


In other news, Baby Girl's closet is out.of.control. and I love it.

Grandma and Mawmaw have bought a lot, Mommy has bought a little, and I have a friend who's little girl was born last winter and very generously donated a ton of stuff. We are so blessed!

I love going in there and playing with all her stuff - hanging it all up, organizing, putting up labels,  and getting it all just right. Usually after I've been in there for a while my husband will come in and see what I'm doing, give me a kiss and tell me he loves me, then he'll smile and look at me like I've gone crazy...then he leaves me in there to play as long as I want.  He's going to be such a sweet Daddy!

"Babe, stuff like putting together cute outfits, and what other hair bow colors does she need...that's all you. I'm really gonna need you to stop asking me for advice on this kinda stuff." - Ben

hahahha, he'll get used to it =)

-LJ




No comments:

Post a Comment