Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Worst Preggo Brain Moment of All Time

Wow. This is embarrassing. I'm wayyyy pregnant, so whatever.

Let me just say - I call my husband at work every day. He works long, busy days. Sometimes he has 5 minutes to chat, sometimes he doesn't. Usually it's just a "hey, how's your day?" or "you'll never believe what the cat just did" or just something to try and give him a little break. Sometimes, like today, I need help with a serious dilemma.

Let me just start with my defense:
- A few years ago, Ben's cousin introduced us to the Keurig. It's been life changing. Thanks, Sarah!
- I don't drink coffee every day, so if we're out of K-Cups I just go without or on a weekend Ben will make a pot. I literally have not made a pot of coffee in at least 2 years.

This morning I call Ben's office:

- This is Ben
- hey, gotta sec for your wife?
- Are you in labor?
- No
- I guess, what's up
- I need your help with something, but please don't laugh. It's so confusing and I'm having a major preggo brain moment right now
-ook
- I'm trying to make coffee, and this is so confusing. It says you put in 1 tbsp for 6 oz of water, my measuring cup says 8oz is a cup and I have 7 cups...but, I already put 2tbsp in there...please figure this out for me..
-Why do you have 7 cups? You're not gonna drink 7 cups
- I know, that's just how much water I poured in the pot and it seems like easier math
- ok, how much coffee is in the filter?
- 2 tbsp
-no, like an inch? two inches? why are you using tablespoons? It’s not as complicated as you’re making it
- about a fingernail, I guess 1/4th an inch?
- pour out all that water and put in like 4 cups, then just use the coffee you have in the filter already

- <I forget it's plugged into the wall, pick up the pot to dump the water in the sink, and spill water everywhere. Then the water gauge gets all foggy but I can tell there's still 6 cups-ish and I'm not attempting this mess again>

-soo, you said 6 cups of water and how much coffee??
- why 6 cups? <I explain what just happened> What if I worked in production or something and you couldn't just call my office and ask me this kinda stuff??
- Well, I guess I would just drive to the gas station** and buy some
- <makes an intercom sound, now making fun of me> Ben Wood, you have a phone call. Your wife is trying to make coffee
- not funny, Ben. This is so confusing; this is the worst preggo brain I've ever had. I really can’t figure this out
- You have no idea how patient I am. Tell ya what, put in about another spoonful of coffee grounds, make what you have and if it's not good then just go to the gas station and buy yourself some coffee, ok?

WOW. Love him

It tasted just fine. After I put in sugar and creamer you can’t really tell how it tastes anyway so I don’t know why I was so concerned with doing it right. Whatever. Thanks, babe!

**disclaimer on my gas station: It's really amazing**
Outside of our home, not a lot of excitement goes down in Central Minnesota. understatement of the century When you get a brand new gas station at the end of your street, it’s a big deal. For my Southern friends, it’s like a small version QT - you know, the giant ones with like a thousand options for coffee, cappuccino, slushies, etc….It’s a tiny version of that:  it has a milkshake machine, a variety of flavors of fountain syrup that you can put into your coke, a pretty solid ice cream selection, and live bait. Now we don’t have to drive across town for wormies when we go fishin this summer! Yessss!! It's .8 miles away and we're genuinely excited about this summer - strapping the baby into her stroller, and walking down there for milkshakes. It’s amazing. Seriously, y’all please come over so I can take you to my gas station! Haha

-LJ

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! That's so funny. Though I am not pregnant, I still have those moments..not with coffee so much as, boiling rice or pasta. How many cups of rice should I put in?? And how much water? And that will be how many servings? Why doesn't this make sense?! Thanks for sharing your stories! I love keeping up with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just wait til your pregnant, it will get worse! Normally I know I could've figured it out. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Glad I changed your life...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much! We thought it was broken a few months ago and were in a total panic. haha

      Delete